- Whole raw hazelnuts
- Whole roasted (no salt) hazelnuts
- Whole roasted salted hazelnuts
Health benefits of hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts are very high in energy and loaded with numerous health-benefiting nutrients that are essential for optimum health. 100 g nuts carry 628 calories. They are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic as well as essential fatty acid, linoleic acid that helps lower LDL or bad cholesterol and rise HDL or good cholesterol.
- Hazelnuts are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health promoting phyto-chemicals. Phyto-chemicals help protect from diseases and cancers.
- Hazelnuts are exceptionally rich in folate, which is a unique feature for the nuts. 100 g fresh nuts carry 113 µg; that is, about 28% recommended daily intake of this vitamin. Folate is an important B-complex vitamin that helps prevent megaloblastic anemia, and most importantly, neural tube defects in newborns.
- Hazelnuts are an excellent source of vitamin E; contain about 15 g per 100 g (providing 100% of RDA). Vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucusa and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Besides being rich in folates, hazelnuts are packed with many other important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine (vitamin B-6).
- Hazelnuts are a rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium. Copper and manganese are essential co-factors for anti-oxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Iron helps prevent microcytic-anemia. Magnesium and phosphorus are important components of bone metabolism.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months. This item can be frozen.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||60.75 g||202%|
|Dietary Fiber||9.7 g||25.5%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.918 mg||18%|
|Vitamin A||20 IU||<1%|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg||10.5%|
|Vitamin E||15 mg||100%|
|Vitamin K||14.2 µg||12%|